I am putting it down to one or all of these (and believe me there are plenty of sailing superstitions). Please review this list and take any suitable action :
- There must be a boat storing a case of bananas onboard.
- There has clearly been an imbalance in the number of “red skies in the morning” compared to “red skies at night.
- There is too much whistling around the club.
- Too many boats have been renamed.
- Stop annoying any albatross.
- Someone has been mis-treating their cat.
- Skippers do any of you have a crew member called Jonah.
Even given the lack of wind there was a great turnout on Saturday and the light winds threw up some interesting battles. Some of the smaller light weight boats were proving more than competitive with the bigger boats. Unluckily there was not enough time for the course to be completed, but I am sure there would have been some very interesting results had we been able to complete the course.
Well done also to all the MYC boats that competed the Festival of Sails over the long weekend. The posts on the MYC app and social media certainly showed some good results, great sailing, and even greater socializing over the weekend.
Div 3- Class Captain