In response to allow for more sailing, we invite you to join in the Race or Rally to Port Fairy this coming Easter. The rally will commence Thursday and Race on Good Friday. Nestled at the end of the Great Ocean Road, Port Fairy is a quaint seaside village. Tie up in the safe harbour of the Moyne River and enjoy the hospitality of the Port Fairy Yacht Club and its surrounds. More details can be found here www.orcv.org.au
“Master the bow position and you will always have a boat to sail on. Skill up and be confident and you can go places with it”
This new course is for all those who would like to transition from off the beach sailing or already sailing on keelboats grow their confidence.
The core objectives of this course are to:
- Develop and upskill the next generation of bowmen and women.
- Raise the standard of crew work
- Assist and encourage crew to take on the bow with confidence & understanding
- Allow boat owners an avenue to train valuable crew, reducing lots of trial & error.
- Provide a more formal explanation of who and why things are done on the bow.
Short and sweet with a daylight start. Try sailing outside the heads, develop your crew and boat with these 55nm courses which start in daylight and will have you home that evening. Entries are open here https://www.orcv.org.au/about-the-series