Towards the end of May, we wrote to provide you with an insight into the discussions being undertaken by the mooring working group.
To remind you, the mooring working group comprising of Tim Melville, Trevor Neate, Graeme Taylor and myself aim to assist the committee in reviewing opportunities relating to the harbour reporting through the General Committee
I guess the most obvious question that has come to the table is the damage sustained to the pier, the loss and removal of a number of wave screens for repair. Parks Victoria are presently assessing the situation and it's envisaged that re-installation of panels will be undertaken only when they resolve the fixings of the concrete panel and no date has been determined as to when this might be.
I thought it appropriate to provide an insight against earlier points:
Opportunities to grow sailing and membership through improved mooring occupancy.
- There has been a number of mooring holders who have relinquished their site, enabling transfers to new site holders. We hope this increases an active group of mooring holders.
- For those relinquishing or requesting mooring sites, applications/ paperwork are managed by MYC as agents to Parks Victoria
- Existing conditions remain in place , noting that it is likely that Parks Victoria will be introducing a change of arrangements across all harbours.
Review of Tackle Inspections
Review of actual tackle positions and complexities of varying boat sizes between positions.
Opportunities to improve the yield of safe moorings through development of a master plan. with a range of options.
- With each of the 5 points above, Tim Melville and I met with Parks Victoria to share and discuss the successful workings of the harbour, the complications and irregularities, the vision of both Parks and MYC and also the opportunities to enhance existing facilities. One example of this would be the potential removal of silt within the western loading bay area.
- We sought input on the willingness and appetite to reconfigure the harbour and conceptual drawing provided.
- We also invited a Park Victoria Representative to join each or every second meeting, our poffer being accepted.
I trust this information assists and it is out intention to provide you with further updates throughout the process.
Finally MYC will be sending each year the annual permit accompanied by the terms and conditions for all mooring holders to sign. If you could please complete and return these documents at your earliest convenience would be appreciated.
regards Rod Austin