The objective of this initiative of the Foundation is to provide financial assistance to members of the Club to assist them to compete in regional, interstate, and international regattas thus helping them to further develop their sailing careers.
The Board of the Foundation recently called for applications from members for financial assistance, and having evaluated the applications received resolved to make the following grants:
- Lily and Matilda Richardson-$3,000 . Lily and Matilda's program consists of representing Australia in Karatsu Japan in the 420 dinghy, then they will compete in the youth World Championships in Corpus Christi Texas in July, and the 420 World Championships at Newport Rhode Island.
- James Jackson- $1,000. James is a member of the Australian Optimist Sailing Team and will compete in the 2018 Optimist Asian and Oceania Championships to be held in Myanmar. He will also be involved in a team training camp in Adelaide prior to the Championships.
To be eligible for this program applicants are required to:
- be active members of the Club with demonstrated sailing ability and the potential to further develop their sailing careers.
- to undertake to compete as a representative of the Mornington Yacht Club, and on their return, to provide a comprehensive report of their sailing program that can be distributed to Club members and used to promote sailing at Mornington.
- to provide a budget of the expenses of their program and details of other assistance provided.
The Foundation is pleased to be able to continue the assistance program for our elite sailors we wish them every success in their forthcoming Championships.
Stuart F. Gooley
Chairman, MYC Foundation.