Following on from the Premier's announcement yesterday detailing changes to Melbourne’s restrictions moving us into stage 4 with stronger rules please be advised that the MYC Club and Yard is now CLOSED to ALL Members (this is for at least the next six weeks, until Sunday 13 September).
You are not permitted to enter the yard at any time - if you have any concerns about your boat please contact the office: 03 5975 7001 or text: 0410 774 250. The office will be closed, and myself and Tayla will be working from home and contactable by email.
While we do not have the definitive outcome for sailing as yet, Australian Sailing are advising that all sailing in Melbourne ceases as of today until further notice (as per the stage 4 exercise restrictions).
Attached you will find the Premier’s statements for your information, some of the key points include:
State of Disaster declared
- From 6pm Sunday 2nd August 2020, Victoria will enter a State of Disaster. This will give police additional powers to ensure people are complying with public health directions.
Changes to Melbourne’s restrictions
- From 6pm Sunday 2nd August 2020, Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules to limit the movement of people – and limit the spread of the virus across the city.
- A curfew will commence Sunday 2nd August from 8pm to 5am. The only reasons to leave home during these hours will be work, medical care and caregiving.
- Where you slept last night is where you will need to stay for the next six weeks, there’ll be exemptions for partners who live apart and for work, if required.
- The Night Network will be suspended, and public transport services will be reduced during curfew hours.
- New time, distance and gathering limits will also apply for exercise and shopping.
- Exercise will be limited to a maximum of one hour per day and no more than five kilometres from your home. Group size will be limited to a maximum of two, whether you live with them or not.
- Shopping will be limited to one person per household per day. Again, the five-kilometre rule will apply.
- Study at TAFE and uni must be done remotely.
- From Wednesday at 11:59pm, weddings in Melbourne cannot occur.
- Face coverings will continue to be compulsory.
Keep well and stay safe,