We live in interesting and challenging times. The Covid-19 Pandemic has forced us to carefully evaluate how we go about our daily lives.
After much consideration your Board has made decisions about the operation of the yacht club. In making these decisions we are mindful of the Prime Ministers message of going on with our lives, but with some restrictions and precautions in place. To this end we believe we as a club should continue to operate as best we can in the circumstances that we are faced with. It is a focus for many individuals and we have a tenant to protect as well.
At this point in time we will not be closing the club, but we have necessarily cancelled some events and activities. The landscape is changing constantly. We will keep updated if anything changes.
IF YOU ARE UNWELL OR SHOW ANY SYMPTOMS - DON’T COME TO THE CLUB!!!
THE GEELONG DESINATION RACE is cancelled.
RGYC will cease all operations this afternoon
**THURSDAY NIGHT TWILIGHT PURSUIT - 19 MARCH 2020
At this stage Thursday night’s twilight pursuit will be run
**We will have a duck driver but loads are limited to five passengers so allow enough time to get your crew onto your boat. It may be advisable to use your own duck. All members and guests using the club duck, do so at their own risk.
SATURDAY 21ST MARCH
We will run a Tower Light start Trophy race
Sail Training will continue at the discretion of the individual coaches. Keep in mind our junior sailors are still attending school and mixing in large numbers they are the least vulnerable group.
Sunday OTB will go ahead
Will be postponed to a date to be advised.
The GOS program will be postponed until further notice
- The business lunch scheduled for the 3rd April will NOT go ahead.
- The get together with music and nibbles on Sunday 22nd March will NOT go ahead.
- Friday night members draw will NOT go ahead.
- The Club footy tipping will go ahead. Andy will not be taking any entry money at this stage because of the uncertainty of the AFL season. Enter anyway, tips can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The club is open for you to enjoy being mindful of the Government Guidelines re: public interaction and health in regard to “social distancing”.