The Victorian Government has announced updated and ongoing restrictions. From 11.59pm 28 September, the 10km radius to venture out for permitted reasons has increased to 15km, the 4 hour exercise limit remains and this outing includes socialising with conditions.
Recreational boating is allowed if:
- It is within 15km from home
- For up to 4hrs, once per day
- With a mask
- With one other person (plus dependents that cannot be left unattended). That other person can be from another household (There is no Government directive on the vaccination status of the 2 person ins this regard).
- Up to five people may gather from two households and socialise or exercise if everyone over the age of 18 have had two vaccination doses (The Government directive is clear – all those + 18 years of age in the group must be double vaccinated)
- Boat Repair and Maintenance in the yard can be done by Marine Contractors only
- Members are not to work on their boats or gather in the yard
- For those of you who do not store your boats at home, you can now access the MYC yard to go sailing if you live within 15km.
- Please sign in upon entry using the QR code displayed on entry gates,
- Social distance,
- Move in and out as quickly as possible and not gather in groups within the yard.
Club rooms are closed (first aid can be accessed in an emergency)
Victorian Road Map - click here
You can now:
- Access Boats from open-air yards. So long as sailors can practice social distancing and other covid requirements, a facility such as a clubhouse is not entered.
- Sailors can access boats on moorings and marinas. However, so long as members can practice social distancing and other covid requirements, a facility such as a clubhouse is not entered.
- Boats may be accessed from storage or dry stacks, if done in a retail style, click and collect, covid-safe manner, and if the storage facility has this same understanding.
- Members should enter and exit the boat storage area as quickly as possible and not work on their boats or gather in the yard.
- The practice of social distancing
- Sign in with the Service Victoria QR code at entrance points
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, you should get tested for Covid -19 and self-isolate until you receive your results.