Sailing for exercise is now permitted subject to:
- It is within 10km from home
- For up to 4hrs, once per day
- With a mask
- With one other person (plus dependents that cannot be left unattended)
Please sign in upon entry using the QR code displayed on entry gates, social distance, move in and out as quickly as possible and not gather in groups within the yard.
Club rooms are closed (first aid can be accessed in an emergency)
For a detailed overview please see the table of restrictions
Media release - new freedoms when 70 per cent first dose target reached - click here to read
You can now:
- Access Boats from open-air yards. So long as sailors can practice social distancing and other covid requirements, a facility such as a clubhouse is not entered.
- Sailors can access boats on moorings and marinas. However, so long as members can practice social distancing and other covid requirements, a facility such as a clubhouse is not entered.
- Boats may be accessed from storage or dry stacks, if done in a retail style, click and collect, covid-safe manner, and if the storage facility has this same understanding.
- Members should enter and exit the boat storage area as quickly as possible and not work on their boats or gather in the yard.
- The practice of social distancing
- Sign in with the Service Victoria QR code at entrance points
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, you should get tested for Covid -19 and self-isolate until you receive your results.
Please let me know if you have any questions, happy sailing to those of you that this little update applies too.