The ASF was established by the Australian Government to assist organisations such as ours raise funds for sport by offering the incentive of tax deductability for donations. By establishing Projects that are approved by the ASF, the Foundation is eligible to receive grants, that the Club can then use for the agreed projects. The Foundation is not aimed at replacing any existing programs within the Club or the various programs offered by Yachting Victoria or others.
The newly formed Mornington Yacht Club Foundation is intended to:
- develop facilities for the initial training of individuals to learn sailing skills. This will include the purchase and maintenance of suitable sailing craft and the funding of sailing instruction at the Club.
- to help more experienced sailors fulfil their ambitions and potential at a higher level of competition. This will involve dedicated and specific coaching, and the preparation for, and travel to and participation in regional, interstate, and international competition.
- to provide funding to assist disabled individuals participate in sailing as a recreation and sport.
The Mornington Yacht Club Foundation is not a separate legal entity but a fund established by the Club. The Foundation will have its own bank account and will be managed as a separate fund . Any donations received will be deposited in the Foundation’s bank account and will be spent only in accordance with the purposes of the Foundation. They will not be mixed with the funds of the Mornington Yacht Club.
The Foundation will produce financial statements annually at 31 March which will be made available to all donors and to all members of the Club. The Foundation’s financial statements will be subject to audit review by the Club auditor.
The affairs of the Foundation will be the responsibility of a Board comprising:
- a Chairman, Stuart Gooley,
- the Commodore of the Club or his/her nominee,
-the Chairman of the Sailing Committee of his/her nominee,
- Noel Heyes and Ray Harvey
The Foundation will hold an Annual General Meeting each year, and will hold elections at that meeting for those members of the Board who are not appointed due to their designated positions in the Club.
The Foundation has been established to ensure the club can continue to provide first class facilities, equipment and programs for its members, various fundraising activities are undertaken.
Click here for the Tax deductible Donation Form that has been set up.
Click Here for the full Foundation Group Charter.
A launch is scheduled at the club on Tuesday 14th June, 7pm - 9pm
For those interested in attending could you please rsvp.
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 59757001