I will have final figures for the regatta in the next day or two. But it was a good event for MYC. Perhaps not our best on water, but the conditions where not easy.......Total 151 boats.
My phone tells me I did over 24000 steps on sat and sun, no wonder I am stuffed this morning.
We must thank
- Royal Brighton YC with special mention to Paul Pascoe whom is just such a great person to have involved.
- SYC Steve Aulich thanks so much for his efforts and the beautiful George. Hope we can repay him and or Sandringham at some stage.
- Geoff Eldridge thank you for your assistance.
- DBYC Commodore Nic Peasley: Thank you to DBYC for their support greatly appreciate working so closely with our neighbouring club. Richard and Glynis special mention.
- Mount Martha YC; thank you for the use of their beautiful new RIB we look forward to helping them when they next need it.
- Safety Beach Thank you for your support.
- Brodie Goozee and the Mornington Peninsula Radio station RPPFM for supporting the sport of sailing and adding to the event, welcome any time.
- Over 70 MYC volunteers that contributed to the successful club marine junior and youth championships over the weekend and also to those that helped mid-week with the coaching clinic. Also the MYC staff that go way above and beyond what’s expected. We have received a large number of texts and emails congratulation MYC for yet again running a great event on and off the water. A special mention was made at presentation of the incredible work Pam Lane and Pam Heyes put in, whilst they were not alone I hope all volunteers consider that that presentation was an acknowledgement of all their efforts. Thank you to the Rocks for making the Champagne they received available. The members whom had their boats moved or access restricted thanks for your patience. Thank you Noel Heyes and Graeme Vertigan for managing the yard access, trailer storage and configurations. We had a large number of MYC members competing in the event. So a rest now for the regattas, next year may see the trainable states and the year after the flying fifteen states. Team MYC delivers yet again.
Jacko Rear Commodore.