With the sad news of the reintroduction of restrictions which includes the Mornington Peninsula as it stands today, please see below for Australian Sailing's interpretation of the communicated restrictions. There is a meeting being held tomorrow with Sport and Recreations so if there are any changes we will update you afterwards.
- All club training and organised sailing must stop as of 11.59pm tonight (Wednesday 8 July)
- Recreational boating my continue as long as it is with members of your household, or with one person from outside your household. However, the 1.5 meter social distancing rule must be adhered to at all times and there is to be NO sharing of equipment. So this now rules out all double handed dinghy sailing until further notice.
- Informal training is NOT allowed. It is not seen as recreational boating.
- Club facilities (meeting rooms, changing rooms, toilets, cafes, restaurants, canteens etc) should be closed, except for the delivery of takeaway meals and drinks.
For your information, some key points from the DHHS website for sailing clubs: Community sport training and competition cannot occur within the Melbourne metropolitan area or the Shire of Mitchell. If you live in this area you cannot participate in community sport elsewhere.
- Outdoor sport facilities will be closed, except for facilities where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household while maintaining 1.5 metres distance. Equipment should not be shared, and communal facilities cannot open. Personal training outdoors can occur but with a limit of two participants plus the instructor.
- Restaurants and cafes can open to serve takeaway and home delivery only.
The office will still be answering calls and emails so please contact us if you have any questions or concerns,
Look after yourselves and we will keep you updated as soon as we hear.