The Board of the Foundation is requesting members to consider making a donation to the Foundation to enable further projects to be undertaken for the benefit of the Club and its members. You will recall that the Foundation was established in June 2016 to provide much needed funding for three projects:
- Development of facilities for the initial training of individuals and the development of sailing skills in their early years. Our objective is to encourage junior sailors to join the Club and develop the skills to become active future members.
- To provide financial assistance to elite sailors in the Club so that they can participate in regional, interstate, and international regattas and further develop their sailing careers.
- To provide assistance to the Club's Sailability program enabling more disabled individuals to participate in sailing activities.
- Purchase for the Club 6 Pacer dinghies at a cost of $48,909.00, provide elite sailing grants to Club members totaling $6,000.00, and purchasing new sails for Sailability dinghies $1,244.00.
In recent seasons we have been fortunate in having outstanding youth sailors who have benefited from our junior training programs. Nick Sharman became our first Victorian Institute of Sport athlete and a winner of the Australian 420 Championships. Currently we have the Richardson girls, also VIS scholarship holders, winning the Under 17 girls Australian Championships over the summer, and now on an overseas campaign which includes representing Australia in the Youth and Open World 420 Championships. We provided them with financial assistance last year and are helping them currently with their international campaign. I am sure we all wish them the best of luck in these events.
To continue these activities we need your continued support to fund these and other programs so desperately needed by our great Club. If you would like us to consider a specific project of your choosing please let us know. Please make a donation at a level you are comfortable with.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
- By visiting the Australian Sports Foundation website, locating the Mornington Yacht Club projects, and donating on line. Donations made in this way will be tax deductable to the donor.
- By completing the donation form attached to this letter and forwarding it to the Club, who will then forward it to the Australian Sports Foundation.
- By making a donation through the Club office.
The Board of the Foundation look forward to the contribution that we can all make through the Foundation to provide tangible assistance to the Club.