ASSISTANCE GRANTS FOR MEMBERS PARTICIPATION IN CHAMPIONSHIPS AND REGATTAS
The Board of the Foundation is calling for applications for financial assistance for members of the Club who are planning to attend Championships and Regattas over the winter this year. The assistance program follows on from the grants made by the Foundation in assisting three crews participate in the Australian 420 and Youth Championships in Perth over the Christmas period.
Applications should be addressed to the Foundation and lodged with the Club by 31 March 2018. A Selection Committee comprising the Board of the Foundation and the Rear Commodore will assess the applications and decide what grants, if any, should be given.
The criteria for eligibility are:
- Applicants should be active members of the Club and have participated in Club events.
- Past or a commitment to participate in Club training programs as a volunteer.
- Demonstrated sailing ability as evidenced by past sailing performances.
- Provision of a budget showing the estimated cost of the campaign to be undertaken and details of other funding sources.
- Willingness to compete in the agreed events as a representative of the Mornington Yacht Club, and on return provide a detailed account of the experiences that can be used in Club publications.
- Preference will be given to members who sail a Class of boat sailed at the Club.
25 February 2018