Here are some pics of how important this is
- Worn Chain - at the end of its life
- Worn Shackle - at the end of its life
- Old Boat Anchor - not adequate for moorings at MYC
- New replacement chain and anchor base.
In terms of securing the mooring the 3 greatest errors are:
1. Wrong type of mooring strops/rope. Many Ropes chaff and break upon jolts including old main sheets etc. Use rope specific for moorings. i.e. silver rope etc..
2. Cleats - Often cleats on the bow need reinforcing and are not coping with the load.
3. Not securing the bridle loop properly when it jumps over the bollard /cleat holding it.
We suggest also an additional line to another strong point on the hull be attached just in case any of the above points break.